Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Life Drawing Studies


As I said in the last post, I am trying to get back to doing more life drawing.  Unfortunately, since moving to Ohio, I haven't had a lot of opportunities.  In Utah, I could find open life drawing sessions all over the place.  I could drop five bucks and have access to three hours of drawing.  I still have not found anywhere in central Ohio to go.  Instead, I have been turning to the internet.

-1 Minute Study
There are actually two youtube channels that I have really appreciated.  The first is the Croquis Cafe playlist from onairvideo.  Here is the link to it https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOq-SnwbtX9u231janaHRCo3tcTWshKML  They have live models that do one, two, and five minute poses.

-2 Minute Studies
The second is the Daily Life Drawing Sessions from New Masters Academy.  Here is the link to it.  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7EWYwaF6E-H65W-hXeKvvO_xNA_kIs5w  It is similarly set up with the one, two, and five minute poses.  The difference is that the New Masters Academy uses photos instead of live videos.  They also have two, five minute poses instead of the single five minute pose from the Croquis Cafe videos.  The only problem has been that after the first video the sets are dark, and so you can't clearly see all of the model and lose parts into the shadows.

-5 Minute Study
Here are some examples out of my sketchbook.  I have been doing figure studies for a long time, but I can still see many areas that I still need to get better at.  On the bright side, if I can keep this up regularly, I will continue to see improvement.  I guess, in the long run that is what is important.  In the meantime, I will continue to work on my drawing and post here.

-5 Minute Studies

No comments: