It was a fun process. It took an hour and a half to two hours on the evening of July 3rd to record the interview footage (It was me in the basement staring at a spot on a mattress while talking). I spent a couple of hours on the 4th cutting it together, and lining up the sound and the music. I spent a few hours on the 5th capturing the additional footage, putting it all together, and doing touchups and transitions. Finally, I spent every night this week letting it render and checking it in the morning to find some little thing that needed to be tweaked or fixed, and then rendering it again the next night. I finally got it at a good place this morning though.
It has problems, to be sure, such as the audio being kind of tinny, and the footage a little grainy. Overall though, I am pretty happy with my first attempt at a documentary. Hope you enjoy.