Thursday, February 19, 2015

Quick Sketch

In an effort to stay up on posting, here is a sketch from last night.  I am still playing around with brush pens and markers.

Last night was a bad night for drawing.  I notice that some days I seem to be "on".  Everything I draw feels good.  Images are clear in my head, and things just work.  Some days, I can't draw well no matter what I do.  Last night was one of those.  As I was just about ready to give up for the night, I decided to get just one more in.  This is what came out.

After adding a couple more markers, I have decided to take the plunge.  My new set of 72 chisel tip markers should be arriving tomorrow.  I am excited to get them.  For the first time, it feels like I will actually be able to make good use of them.  I am hoping to see a lot of improvement as I keep using them.

I am also back to playing with prismacolor pencils on drafting vellum.  It has been a few years, but so far, it is feeling very good.  I will post more when I can.

No comments: