Saturday, February 21, 2015

Witches Concept

 These images are more concept explorations for my MFA thesis project.  This is another one I ended up not going with.  Not sure I am entirely done with it though.  I really enjoyed drawing the witches.  It is fun material.

The basic premise would be three witches living in a cabin in the woods with their mentor and learning their craft.  I really like slice of life stories.  So, this would have explored their interpersonal relationships, and just been fun.

 Like the undersea concept, these are done with china marker (as well as blue prismacolor pencil, and white gelly roll pen on the second image) on smooth newsprint.

As you can see, I am also trying to explore different styles between the drawings.  Even after 17 years of drawing, I still haven't found my style.  I hear that it is something that just comes eventually.  Instead, I am trying to explore other styles to find something that works for me on a particular project.

I got my marker set yesterday.  I am very excited about it.  I will have to post some new drawings with them.  I'll likely do that soon.  Take care everyone.

No comments: