Friday, September 25, 2015

Autumn Life Drawing

Summer has ended and Autumn is beginning.  It has been a while since I have posted.  I have been keeping up on life drawing though.  It is nice to have live models to work from again.

 I have been working to develop my concept art abilities.  It is a painful process at times (there is a lot of soul searching and humility involved), but it is good.  As I am doing exploratory sketches, all of the life drawing over the years is finally helping me to understand more, and I am making progress.

 Over the years life drawing has been one of the few reasons that I have seen any progress at all in my understanding of form, structure, and art in general.  I know it can be a controversial topic for some groups.  But I swear by it and think that every artist needs it to truly progress at their craft, and understand the fundamentals of art.


No comments: